Sunday, March 11, 2012

MAC Week 2: Classmate Response #1

Below is my response to Doreen's post on her Leadership Project:


MAC_Week 2: Leadership Role Model

Discussion with students on
boardroom critique
My first response is “Do I have to?” I’ve enjoyed the process and have learned so much during my time here at Full Sail; I would encourage anyone who wants to explore new ideas in education and to have the ability to be as creative as they wish to come here for their degree. Okay, let's think . . . I need to figure out what I will do, when I look at myself I see an introvert when it comes to presenting my ideas, especially outside of the graphic design world. I do well sharing one-on-one or maybe a small group but a conference, don’t think so. Not comfortable with the idea that I am an expert in the field as this point in time and that’s how I see presenters at conferences.  It’s enough that I have surprised myself the last four years when I jumped out of my comfort zone to teach. I believe the reason I can teach is because I am teaching aspects of the field I am passionate about – Graphic Design. I am very confident that the presentation itself would rock as I’ve created many for bosses and clients, but getting up and presenting myself . . .  (thinking) . . .(thinking some more ). . . not happening. Now let me look at submitting an article. 

Writing is not my forte either; I’ve always said I’m a designer not a writer. However, I’ve done a pretty good job of it for my CBR project and feel I can finish it off easily for a journal. So think this is my first choice.  Yes, I’ve decided I’ll write an article for a Journal and then maybe later, as a plan B, I will create and do a presentation when I get brave enough to step out of my comfort zone.

Doreen,
I feel your pain in this area! I to do not do well in a presentation setting. I never even thought that this truly isn't in an area where I am very comfortable. As much time as we have spent on our CBR projects, I still feel like I need to know more. And good for you for wanting to brave out of your comfort zone in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment