Thursday, August 11, 2011

PE2_iMovie

In this second post, I want to discuss my use of some of the editing tools and the movie trailer feature.  All of the features were very easy to use.  In most cases, just one or two clicks.   I learned many new editing features including the cropping feature.  I knew how to use the Ken Burns effect before watching the tutorials, but I didn't know about cropping an entire clip!  I liked how I could move in on the clip to eliminate the heads in the bottom of the shot! I also used this feature to draw the focus more to my daughter.

Another feature that I had no idea was in iMovie was the "flash and hold last frame."  I enjoyed trying that out in my practice movie to showcase my daughter's impressive heel stretch.  It just brings so much emphasis and a particular point in the clip.

And finally, I played around with the movie trailer feature.  I love how the entire thing is done for me, and I have to enter the clips in.  One of my group members from month one, Jason, created an intro to our project using one of these trailers.  It  grabbed you and made you want to watch.  So I put some of my daughter's dance clips into a trailer.  I hope you enjoy it!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Stephanie,

    I really enjoyed the iMovie of your daughter and her dance clips. It was nice to watch. I love how you incorporated the sound which had such a suspense building sound to it. As I watched the video I and read the quick headings I smiled thinking of the day that I can make a video like this of my daughter. I think it will be such a memorable moment as your daughter watches this video and others you create throughout her dance journey!

    Kudos!!!
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete